The role of the Committee on Satellite Missions (CSM) is to exchange information with satellite missions that are a relevant part of the GGOS space infrastructure, with the aim to achieve a better ground-based network response to mission requirements and space-segment adequacy for the realization of the GGOS goals. New space missions shall be advocated and supported.
Major tasks of CSM for period 2017/18
- Evaluate the contribution of current and near-future missions to GGOS 2020 goals (
Satellite contributions to GGOS2020
pdf (36.7 KB)
- Revise the inventory/repository of current and near-future satellite missions (
Satellite missions inventory
pdf (160.4 KB)
- Develop and update a CSM section on the GGOS website for public access;
- Support and advocate new missions;
- Expand the role of CSM beyond gravity field satellites (e.g. altimetry, geodetic satellites, etc.) working with the PLATO Committee.
More on CSM and the entire plan for the time frame 2017-2018 is given in
CSM Plan for 2017/2018 (342.2 KB)